CASA Volunteers are ordinary people who come from all walks of life, with a variety of professional, educational and ethnic backgrounds. Most are employed full time. They are carefully screened for objectivity, competence and commitment.
To Become a CASA volunteer and make a difference in a child's life you must:
- Be 21 or older
- Submit an application, no special background is required
- Attend a personal interview with program staff
- Consent to and pass a criminal background and child abuse registry checks
- Complete a 30 hour training course
- Commit to serve at least 24 months
- Obtain 12 hours per year of in-service training after taking a case
If you are interested in volunteering, complete the online application below. You are required to provide four references (personal and professional) and must agree to submit to background checks during the interview process. A staff member will contact you upon the completion of an application.