LA CASA In-service
Carla Burgos, Louisiana CASA Director of Program Services presents Safety and the CASA Child. Safety and the CASA child was developed provide CASA Volunteer Advocates with an understanding of Safety Decision Making as it relates to the role of the CASA in Child in Need of Care (CINC) cases. It is important for CASA Volunteer Advocates to connect their advocacy to the child safety driven measures that improve safety outcomes for children and youth.
- Learn the key elements of safety decision making
- Learn the definition of a safe and unsafe child
- Learn how DCFS determines a child is safe
- Learn what Judges need to know to make safety decisions
- Learn the difference between a safety plan and case plan
- Learn the key concepts to assessing safety
- Putting information together and making a safety decisions.
- Assessing safety and the CASA Volunteer Advocate
- CASA tools for engaging children and youth to promote child safety